Paragon Software Solutions will take care of your Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains) software upgrade with outstanding, cost-effective customer service.
Old software slowing down your business?
No matter how out-of-date or complex your systems are, we have the expertise to get your company running at full speed. Give us a call if you have a unique situation, or need:
- Upgrades: Great Plains 6.0/7.0/8.0/9.0/10.0/GP 2010/GP 2013 to Dynamics GP 2015
- Data migration: We can also help migrate your data from Dynamics GP to Oracle, MAS 90/MAS 200/MAS 500, Lawson, JD Edwards, Solomon and other ERP packages
- On every project we make sure your systems and data will be ready for future versions.
Unmatched GP upgrade experience
We have installed and upgraded every version of Dynamics GP, 1.0 through GP 2015. In fact, Paragon did beta testing of Dynamics GP prior to the release of version 1.
Success Stories: Upgrades
Car Parts & Accessories
Paragon and Vastro collaborated to upgrade Spares Centre (PTY) Ltd from version 5 of Dynamics GP on Btrieve to the most recent version on Microsoft SQL. Spares Centre initially implemented Dynamics GP 12 years ago for its accounting system, but was encountering limited functionality, hardware issues as well as decreasing customer support with the older version.
“By upgrading to the latest version of Dynamics GP, we were able to eliminate all paper work, better manage inventory, provide proper reporting to management for decision making, and in turn, increase sales,” said Tanya Kuhn, Admin Manager at Spares Centre. “Microsoft Dynamics GP has really made our jobs easier, allowing our main focus on running our business. And, with Paragon assisting Vastro with all the necessary tools and support, we were able to remain focused on our business during the system upgrade as well.”
Converting from one financial application to another – even if it’s an upgrade from Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 – makes even the most seasoned controllers and accountants take notice.
For one, there’s reporting. And making sure that all your company’s current and historical data is seamlessly transferred into the new system. That’s what Charleston, Massachusetts-based Beacon Hospice faced. With 24 locations in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire and Maine, Beacon’s approach to hospice care creates a patient and family environment of hope, comfort and dignity. Founded in 1993 to better serve the needs of terminally ill patients, the company offers a range of pallative care, private duty, end stage dementia and end stage cardiac programs.
Essex Power Services, Inc. Relies Confidently on Paragon Software Solutions for New Financial Management System
For over 30 years, Essex Power Services has been developing hydroelectric power service plants in New England and New York. For several years, Essex Power had been using Microsoft® Small Business Manager for running its financials. Now they needed a new cost effective, efficient financial management system. Paragon:
- talked Essex Power through the pros, cons and various options available to upgrade their system;
- worked with Essex Power to plan out the step-by-step conversion strategy;
- migrated their customized financial statements from Small Business Manager onto the new Dynamics platform, closed the books, and conducted the actual conversion; and
- also set up training on the new system before the conversion so Essex could hit the ground running – immediately.
In four short weeks, Essex had a new server, three new desktops for accounting and a fully functioning, up-todate financial management system with:
- Microsoft Dynamics® GP 2010
- SQL Reporting Services
- Excel Reporting
- Windows Server 2008
- SQL Server 2008
Retail – Food Services
Paragon Software Solutions Implements Microsoft Dynamics® GP Financial Management System for High Country Investor, Inc. d/b/a Hilltop Steak House & Marketplace
High Country Investor, Inc. operates three businesses including one restaurant and butcher shop in Saugus, Massachusetts and a butcher shop in Weymouth, Massachusetts. The restaurant has served over 50 million meals since 1961. The company was utilizing an older Microsoft accounting system and server that lacked functionality required to manage its accounting processes most efficiently.
Now, the perishable-food business utilizes the high-efficiency system to keep pace with the volume of transactions and cut 200-300 vendor checks weekly.
Technology: Software, Systems, and Databases
Software upgrades we have done include:
- Microsoft Small Business Financials (Formerly Microsoft Small Business Manager) to Dynamics
- Microsoft Small Business Manager to Dynamics
- Great Plains Accounting DOS to Microsoft Small Business Financials (formerly Microsoft Small Business Manager)
- Great Plains Accounting DOS to Dynamics
- Pervasive Btrieve to SQL
- C-tree to SQL
- Integration Manager
- Novell to Windows NT
- Changed the SQL Sort Order from Binary to DOCI.
Upgrades involving the following Server Operating Systems:
- Windows 2008 Server
- Windows 2003 Server
- Windows 2000 Server
- Windows NT
- Windows for Work Groups
Upgrades involving the following Databases:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000
- Microsoft SQL Server Version 7
- Pervasive Btrieve